Hi Texas library people! Here is the info for the SLA Texas Chapter Spring Meeting in Houston on March 23. Let me know if you're planning on going because I'd like to meet some library friends.
P.S. You don't have to be a SLA member to attend.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Registration is open for the SLA Texas Chapter Spring Meeting, Friday, March 23, 2007 at the University of Houston's Rockwell Pavilion. This year’s meeting is a spotlight on Innovation.
Online Registration: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s
Price includes continental breakfast, lunch, and closing reception
SLA Members $40
SLA Members (between jobs) $15
Students or Retirees $15
Registration and breakfast begin at 8:00. Friday’s events include a panel discussion and topics include copyright, marketing strategies and negotiation strategies. The evening closes with a wine and cheese reception.
The meeting will be Friday, March 23, 2007 at the Elizabeth D. Rockwell Pavilion, located on the second floor (Room 214A) of the M.D. Anderson Library, which is the main library at the University of Houston (central campus).
Elizabeth D. Rockwell Pavilion
University of Houston - Main Campus
M.D. Anderson Library, 2nd Level
114 University Libraries
Houston, TX 77204-2000
Driving Directions: Anderson Library
1. Southbound on I-45 (from downtown). Exit Spur 5 South (44B). Turn right at the first stoplight and take University Drive to Entrance 1.
2. Northbound on I-45 (from Galveston). Exit Elgin/Cullen (44A). Turn left on Elgin. Go under freeway to second light and turn left. Turn right at the first stoplight and take University Drive to Entrance 1.
3. Southbound on US-59 (from Humble). Exit to I-45 South. See # 1.
4. Northbound on US-59 (from Sugarland). Exit to I-45 South. See # 1.
5. Westbound on I-10 (from Baytown). Take US-59 South. Stay in the far right lane and exit almost immediately to I-45 South. See # 1.
6. Eastbound on I-10 (from Katy). Exit to I-45 South. See # 1.
Map of campus: http://www.uh.edu/campus_map